Tests are used to validate that your applications that integrate Apache Kafka are working as expected.
Below outlines the basic terminology and entities that relate to test scenarios.
- Suites represent a collection of test scenarios that are logically grouped together. We recommend organizing your test suites by feature, service, or a specific domain.
- See Test Suites for more information.
- Scenarios represent a graph of tasks used to validate some functionality in your application, pipeline, or service.
- See Test Scenarios for more information.
- Tasks are the building blocks that make up a test scenario. One task may represent producing data to Kafka, and another task may represent consuming from Kafka.
- See Tasks for more information.
- Boolean expressions used to validate a statement about the target under test. They execute against some data and return either a pass/fail result.
- See Test Checks for more information.